Prowers Medical Center Foundation
The Foundation funds the following programs on a continual basis:
- Wish Book – Fulfills department requests for specific items that are outside of their normal budget.
- Car Seat Donations – Assists families in their greatest time of need when they are involved in a motor vehicle accident and require treatment in the Emergency Department by providing assistance in obtaining new car seats for children.
- Software Licensing – Obtains charitable pricing on various software licenses for hospital departments by leveraging the Foundation’s 501 (c) (3) status, saving the hospital nearly $25,000 on software purchases in the last two years.
- Provides pass through 501 (c) (3) status for other non-profits for grant qualification, e.g., Livewell Colorado received a $177,000 as part of a 5210 grant.
Highlights by Year
- Purchased AccuVein vein finder equipment to increase patient comfort.
- Provided education for staff on DNV GL – Healthcare standards to increase quality of care; Weitgenant Trust.
- Secured donation of specialized OBGYN equipment.
- Purchased Urodynamic equipment.
- Raised over $13,000 for Rehabilitation Department remodel via Jeans & Greens event.
- Collaboratively secured a HRSA planning grant of $84,490 with the Health Alliance to combat obesity as part of team.
- Secured the Well Women’s Connection grant of $18,250 to purchase digital interface to send and receive patient information via a shared database as part of team. Greatly increases ability to provide continuity to care and increase the number of women in our community screened for breast and cervical cancer.
- Provided $2,100 in funds to remodel the children’s waiting room in the clinic.
- Provided funds for new monitors in OR suites of $12,004.
- Procured grant from Caring for Colorado to purchase new sterilizers in the Operating Room of $67,000.
The Foundation solicits, safeguards and monitors funds generated through our fundraising endeavors and we coordinate efforts to offer support, advice and consultation to hospital leaders and administrators.
Gifts to the Foundation may be tax deductible. Please consult your attorney or tax counselor for assistance. Gifts may be distributed to unrestricted or restricted projects designated by the donor. Prowers Medical Center underwrites the Foundation’s expenses.